Thursday 25 May 2017

Seashore Stampers May Blog Hop




Hello Wonderful Stampers and Random Followers,

Father's Day is the time to celebrate the Dads in our life. My Dad was a very cool man. He was smart and sensitive. He had a crazy wicked sense of humour. He was a paradox, being an incredible and engaging public speaker and at the same time, a deep introvert who loved nothing more than being alone in his studio, with his musical instruments. He wasn't afraid to try new things or step out on a limb. He taught me so much. From him, I learned an appreciation of music. He showed me how to strive for and appreciate equanimity. He ensured I knew I was valued and loved. He taught me not to judge others harshly and to treat everyone equally. From him, I gained my sense of compassion. And, of course, he taught me how to drive.


If he were alive, I would want to thank him for all he did to help me become the person I have become. Thinking of him today, I was inspired to create this Thank You card for Father's Day, in his honour. In the crate, I have little tags. Each one lists something I am thankful for that involved my Dad. They range from silly little things to the really big ones - sometimes the silly little things are the really big ones too. Although he will never see this, I hope he can feel my gratitude that may not have been properly expressed at the time.



To create this card, I used the new Wood Worlds stamp set (I keep wanting to say Woodward's, a department store from my childhood) and the new Wood Crate Framelits. The idea of putting part of the crate on the card base comes from our new catalogue. I will be offering a class on this card two times before Father's Day, you can register at my open house or by contact me.
  
Happy Father's Day to my dear Dad in heaven, to my brothers, and to my guyfriends. You are all incredible role models and do the job of fathering so very well. I love you guys!


OPEN HOUSE INVITE

You are invited to attend one of my New Catalogue Launch Parties. In order to try and accommodate everyone, I am offering a choice of three different dates:

  • Wednesday, May 31st, 1:00-3:00 pm
  • Thursday, June 1st, 7:00-9:00 pm
  • Saturday, June 3rd, 1:00-3:00 pm
Be sure to attend this spectacular FREE event! We will have make and takes, prize draws, goodie bags, sign up sheets for future classes, and *drum roll please* the NEW CATALOGUE!

Please RSVP in order to reserve your catalogue and ensure there are enough goodie bags.
 


http://stampingforu.blogspot.ca/2017/05/seashore-stampers-blog-hop-masculine.html 

http://joyfulstampingwithbruni.blogspot.ca/2017/05/seashore-stampers-blog-hop-fathers-day.html

In addition to the previous and next, check out the other Seashore Stampers Blogs as well: Erica's and Jean's.

Until next time, my friends.

Cheers,
Adrienne

Supply list, excluding tools & adhesives: Wood Crate Framelits #143730; Wood Words Stamp Set (Clear Mount) #143637; Labeler Alphabet Stamp Set #141936; Wood Textures DSP Paper Stack #144177; Brick Wall Embossing Folder #138288; Classic Label Punch #141491; Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650; Sahara Sand Cardstock #121043; and Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad #126976, and scraps of various cardstock.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute Adrienne and I love the tags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use the new Wood Crate die! Wonderful memories of your dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so fortunate to have had great dads. Your crate idea is great - I'm thinking it would make a great card for thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete