Tuesday 25 April 2017

Seashore Stampers Blog Hop




This month's Seashore Stampers Bloghop is dedicated to Mother's Day, a time where we celebrate our mothers and the mother figures in our lives.

If you are like me, and have lost your mother, it is still a time we can honour and remember them.

My Mum was an incredible woman. She was wicked smart and way ahead of her time. (You should have seen some of the food she fed us, all in the name of eating right.) Mum was a brilliant and successful author, who somehow still managed to raise four children, while being very active in both the community and church. And, funnily enough, when I became a Mum, she was forever chastising me for doing too much. Hmm.

My feeling is, for the most part, women are often doing too much and not making enough time for themselves. Despite a very full dance card, finding even small spaces of downtime can make the world of difference. For me, creative time gives me a chance to recharge. After a class, I once had a client tell me, "This is better than a massage." While I can't make that guarantee you will feel the same way, I will do my best help you carve out a relaxing and enjoyable creative space.

For the Mother's Day blog hop, I designed and made an all-occasion type card to share with my girlfriends, who are not only Mother's but who do so much in their communities.

Happy Mother's Day to my beloved Mum in heaven, to my sister, sister-in-law, niece, and my precious girlfriends. And last but not least, thank you to my incredible daughter for making me a mother. I love you all so very much.





To create this card, I used the Beautiful You stamp set and the Layering Ovals Framelits. I like the simplicity and ease of the card. I added the "photo corners" for a bit of wow factor. They were made by cutting the 4 triangles and adding a skinny strip of the contrasting cardstock. If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers & Blessings,
Adrienne

Supply list, excluding tools & adhesives: Beautiful You (Clear Mount) #143637; Layering Ovals Framelits #141706; Sahara Sand Cardstock #121043; Pacific Point Cardstock #11350; Soft Sky Cardstock #131203; Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Pad #126951; Soft Sky Classic Stampin' Pad #131181, and last but not least, the incredible, but retiring Gorgeous Grunge (Clear Mount) #130517. 


http://joyfulstampingwithbruni.blogspot.ca/2017/04/seashore-stampers-bloghop-mothers-day.html

http://stampingforu.blogspot.ca/2017/04/seashore-stampers-may-blog-hop-mothers.html

Blog participants this month are: myself, Bruni, Ercia, Jean, and MiRan

4 comments:

  1. I love your card Adrienne. The oval framelits and the light blue framing the image gives it a mirrored effect.

    ReplyDelete